Monday 6 April 2015

Motivational Monday - Fitness

Summer is coming and the hype of getting that beach body has begun! I am one of those really knuckling down on my diet and most of all, exercise.


I want to share my top tips for doing and sticking to running schedules:

- Firstly, attire. Make sure you have an outfit that you are comfortable in and that you love being in. I recently bought a new running top and trainers as I now run more, therefore wanted a longer top and nicer looking trainers (I like to look good even when exercising). I actually bought these from Primark and to make the trainers more comfortable I put memory foam shoe inserts in which help loads. I thought this top was hilarious too considering I'll be running and looking terrible :P

- Secondly, support. Personally, I have quite bad leg joints (hips, knees and ankles) but when I'm running my ankles hurt from time to time. To help this I use ankle supports as I wont let a small joint pain stop me.

- Third, MUSIC. I cannot run without my running playlist. I used to find running quite dull, but now I've find the ideal playlist that works to get me motivated and keep me going. My favourite song to run to at the moment is Troye Sivan - Happy Little Pill (Freddie Martin Remix) closely followed by Oliver Heldens ft KStewart - Last All Night (Koala). Find what works for you. I have an armband for my phone which is great as I can strap it to my arm, pop my key in the given pocket, plug my headphones in and I'm away!

- Finally, Plan. Make sure you know when and where you run. This is pretty obvious, but even with spontaneous runs you still need to decide a route. I always find that having a rough idea of when you'll go means you can plan around your exercise.

- EXTRA, have a running partner. I absolutely LOVE taking my dog for a run. He is so good at keeping with me. He is the best running partner, and keeps it interesting for me meaning I enjoy running so much more.








Instagram Fitness Photos
Here are some images I saved off of Instagram which I would like to share with you guys.
I no longer have a gym membership due to my gym moving and me leaving Cardiff soon, so I needed exercise ideas until I move out and rejoin another gym.
As well as running 3-4 times a week, I like doing light exercise in my room either in the morning or before bed :)

*These are great to use as a basis and can be adjusted to suit you

My personal favourite is the first one:






























 

























What are your best tips for making or sticking to a fitness routine?
 
Hazel xo
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment