Saturday 25 April 2015

Clothing Haul!

I love the changing of seasons as it gives me an excuse to buy new clothes (not that an excuse is needed). Yesterday, me and my boyfriend decided to take an afternoon off revision and coursework and go on a little shopping trip. We were only shopping for about 3 hours but I did pretty well in that time.


I'm going to share my clothing items that I purchased, and I will be writing another blog post within the week of the beauty products I bought. This way I have a few days to try them out and let you guys know what I think when I share them (so keep a look out for that).

Firstly, one of my main aims on the shopping trip was to buy some new Topshop Joni jeans. I bought a pair of light blue ones last spring and practically lived in them! However, the elasticity started to go in them so they have lost a lot of the shape that I love. When we went into Topshop yesterday, I couldn't find any that were as pale blue as the ones I previous had, so instead I bought them in black for £36 (well £32.40 with student discount). I love the Joni jeans, the fit is lovely and they are so comfortable. For those of you who are unfamiliar with them, they are simply super high waist skinny jeans and are super soft.



After Topshop, we went into Primark. I used to be very sceptical of the clothing in Primark but I've recently started shopping there more and I don't mind if the product doesn't last as long because it's such a good price. I thought I'd have a quick look in the jean section to see if they had any pale blue skinny jeans. To my surprise, they had super high waist skinny jeans in pale blue! Almost exactly like the Topshop Joni jeans for just £10! Unfortunately I had to exchange them today as the button popped of when I put them on this morning (good start)! I don't know how long these will last but Primark definitely surprised me with them.


I also wanted to find a nice little jacket or cardigan for spring/summer to wear over cami tops or tees, so again I had a browse in Primark for these. I picked up a waterfall cardigan originally but then as we were wandering around, we found a sale section of cardigans! This was ideal really! I tried on a few and decided to buy a pink 3/4 length sleeve, slightly oversized cardigan which is so soft and light. I also went for a black and white short sleeve cardigan for when I just want my shoulders covered. They were only £5 each! I can't wait to wear these, they will go with so many outfits.


The final shop I bought clothes in was Select. To me, Select is one of those shops which is very hit and miss. The prices are great, but sometimes the clothing isn't for me. My hometown has recently had a new Select open up, and over the Easter holidays me and some of my family had a look. I saw a lovely white dress in there and when I got back to Cardiff I thought it would be a perfect dress for my nephew's christening next weekend. We went into the Cardiff one yesterday and unfortunately the same white dress was not there, however I found a similar white lace dress for the same price, £14.99. I tried it on and it looked really nice. I think it will be ideal for my nephew's christening with my baby pink blazer and baby pink loafers. Whilst walking through Select, we also spotted a long white blouse. I have wanted a new long shirt or blouse for ages and thought I'd try it on. It was only £14.99 and I really liked it. As it's short sleeved it would look lovely with a nice necklace, and it's nice and light for spring/summer.





 
I was very pleased with the items I bought, especially in the short amount of time.

What are your most recent/favourite purchases?
 
Hazel xo

No comments:

Post a Comment