Monday 4 May 2015

Rimmel London Make Up Review

The other day I went shopping and felt like treating myself to some new makeup products! Some I've been using for a while now, some are new for me.


I went into Boots to intentionally purchase 3 of these products, the fourth was just an extra for me. All of the products are Rimmel London (which was unintentional). Guess that says something about Rimmel London products already.

The products in this review include: Match Perfection Foundation, Fix & Perfect Pro Primer, Stay Matte Powder and Wake Me Up Concealer.
 

1. The main thing I went into Boots for was to pick up the Match Perfection foundation. The other day I asked on my Instagram and Twitter what foundation people would recommend as I wanted to try something new. A few people suggested more expensive foundations, such as Mac Studio Fix which was my original choice. However, after spending so much on clothes, accessories and other bits and bobs in town on that day, I decided to go for one that a few others had recommended and I had seen good reviews of in other blogs; the Match Perfection foundation in 101 Classic Ivory, which I think was the third lightest shade. It was only £6.99 so I thought it was a better option for my bank account at least.
After testing it out, I must say it is a lovely foundation. The colour blends with my skin tone really well, it isn't too dry or too oily and lasts a lot longer than my last foundation! I would have liked it to have lasted all day but I am yet to find a foundation that does with me. Even a Clinique one that I've tried in the past didn't. However, when it does start to blotch a bit, I find that once I top up with a bit of powder it's fine again. It is soft on my skin, has SPF 18 (so great for my hols) and actually smells quite nice too. I will definitely buy this again once it's ran out, which I think may take a while as a little bit goes a long way with this.



2. I also wanted to buy some more powder while I was in town. I have used this Stay Matte Powder for months and months now, maybe even more than a year. I have tried many but always go back to this. I buy the lightest shade, 001 Transparent, as I have quite a light-ish skin tone. It sits nicely on my skin and is very light. I find it lasts quite a while for a little powder which is great. I love that I can just pop it in my bag with my small powder brush and be ready for any top ups. The colour matches my skin tone great and the powder itself lasts longer than any other I've tried before. This product is a must for me and was only £3.99.







3. I also wanted to buy another primer as mine recently ran out. I've been using the Fix & Perfect Pro primer for about 2-3 months now and it is amazing! I haven't tried many other primers, but this one stopped me from changing because of how much I love it. It says on the tube that it smoothes, resurfaces, brightens, mattifies and protects and it does all of them to a great standard. Again, a small amount goes a very long way. It is really soft to apply and makes my skin look and feel really nice. It is a great prep for the skin before make up and was £6.99. I love it.










4. Whilst in Boots picking up the other products that I bought, I noticed their Wake Me Up concealer. The concealer I was using before made my under eyes look quite dry and would start blotching by midday, so I thought it was time to buy a different one. This cost me £5.49 and after using it just a few times, I am amazed. I bought it in the lightest shade (010 Ivory) as I want it to lighten aspects on my face, and it does just that. It applies really smoothly, blends nicely and brightens up my eyes so well. It lasts ages too! I will definitely not be returning to my old one after using this. It is easy to apply, with a small padded stick attached to the lid, and hides any imperfections and dark circles really well. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking to try a new concealer.










Have you tried any of these products? If so, what are your thoughts?
What are your most recent beauty buys that you're loving?
 
 
Hazel xo
 
 


1 comment:

  1. Good products! Thanks for sharing your opinion. It was very ineresting and useful.

    http://youthfulblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete